Blackthorn Primary School is committed to providing an appropriate and high quality education for all the children living in our local community. You can download and view our Local Offer by using the link in the side bar of this page. The Local Authority provide an over-arching Local Offer which you can read here: http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/localoffer.
We believe that all children, including those identified as having Special Education Needs (SEN), have a common entitlement to a broad and balanced academic and social curriculum, which is accessible to them, and to be fully included in all aspects of school life.
We believe that all children should be equally valued in school. We will strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination, and to develop an environment where all children can make a positive contribution and feel safe.
We believe that educational inclusion is about equal opportunities for all learners, whatever their age, gender, ethnicity, impairment, attainment and background.
We pay particular attention to the provision for and the achievement of different groups within our school:
- Girls and boys
- Minority ethnic and faith groups
- Learners who need support to learn English as an additional language (EAL)
- Learners with Special Educational Needs
- Learners who are disabled
- Those who are gifted and talented
- Those who are looked after by the local authority
- Other, such as those who are sick
- Those who are carers or young carers; those who are in families under stress
- Any learners who are at risk of disaffection and exclusion
Our Inclusion Policy can be downloaded from the side bar of this page. This policy describes the way we meet the needs of children who experience barriers to their learning, which may relate to sensory or physical impairment, learning difficulties, emotional or social development, or may relate to factors in their environment, including the learning environment they experience in school.
At Blackthorn Primary School we aim to identify these needs as they arise and provide teaching and learning contexts which enable every child to achieve his or her full potential.